Book Club was initiated by Fr. (Dr.) Jose George, Principal on 01/08/2019 for the students of Don Bosco College. Membership to Book Club is voluntary and it is a student-centered activity.
To create unique value to users and make feel beyond the library.
Building love for books, inculcating reading habits among the users, getting acquainted with thoughts of intellectuals & feeling of belongingness with the world of scholastics.
Constitution of the Book Club:
The Club is the venture of the students by the students and for the students.
The office bearers of the Club consists of President, Secretary, Treasurer and Three Ex-Members. Seat availability – 20 only
Objectives of the Book Club:
To promote or inculcate reading habits among library users;
To select and recommend the best reader award among the library users in every semester;
To organise and participate in various activities like Librarians day, library users orientation programme, library tour, book fair, book exhibition, workshop and seminar etc;
To assist from time to time in shelf rectification, cleaning and wiping of library shelves and to arrange the books subject wise systematically and scientifically;
To make known the benefits of book donation to the library;
To monitor and observe the deterioration of library materials caused by silverfish, booklice, book worm, cockroaches, white ants (termites), rodents, fungus, mildew, and mould etc.
Tentative Goal of Book Club Activities:
1. Book Fair;
2. Library Tour (NIT Library, RGU Library & State Central Library, Itanagar);
3. Orientation Programme if E-Library setting up is complete (National Digital Library)
4. Shelf rectification and to arrange the books subject wise systematically and scientifically;
5. To monitor and observe the deterioration of library materials.
6. To collect from daily newspapers important news such as Sports, Education & Career and disseminate them to all the students to update their knowledge.
Note: Any student who is interested in this voluntary activity is requested to enroll in Book Club. If you need any further clarification don't hesitate to contact Book Club Coordinator/Asst. Coordinator & Members.